National Alliance of Black School Educators (NABSE) Scholarship Information
The Fischler School of Education and Human Services (FSEHS) at Nova Southeastern University (NSU) and the National Alliance of Black School Educators (NABSE) extend to all NABSE members the opportunity to apply for a scholarship leading to a doctoral degree in one of the following NSU/FSEHS doctoral categories:
- Educational Leadership
- Higher Education Leadership
- Organizational Leadership
- Child, Youth, and Human Studies
- Speech and Language Pathology
- Instructional Technology and Distance Education
The scholarship represents tuition for the second year of study at NSU.
All applicants must:
- Hold a master's degree from an accredited institution
- Be currently employed in a school or in a related field
- Be enrolled as a full-time student in one of the NSU/FSEHS doctoral programs
- Be an active member in NASBE.
Requirements during time of scholarship support include:
- Representing FSEHS at various NSU functions
- Publishing an article related to their dissertation in the NABSE Journal
- Making a presentation at NABSE's annual conference.
For information, please contact:
Michael Rush, EdD
NSU/FSEHS Educational Enterprise & Special Projects
(732) 245-5473 cell
(732) 364-9528 home
NSU/NABSE Scholarship Application Process
The application process includes:
- Submitting the application by September 15th
- Applying for membership by August 1st
Faxing or e-mailing a letter of recommendation for the scholarship
- Faxing or e-mailing a current resume
- Faxing proof of membership in NABSE
Mail, e-mail, or fax to:
Hollis Horton, Scholarship Advisor
Nova Southeastern University
Fischler School of Education and Human Services
1750 NE 167th St.
North Miami Beach, FL 33162-3017
Fax: (954) 262-2338
Phone: (954) 262-8655 or 800-986-3223, ext. 28655
Applications will be presented to the NSU Scholarship Committee. Selected recipients will be notified in November with names announced at the annual NABSE conference.
For further information about NSU/FSEHS, log on to our Web site at www.schoolofed.nova.edu.